(formerly Tyco Fire Protection Products)
Manufacturer of electronic security and fire protection products. The company has a portfolio of 4500 products and 8500 components. In 2016, Tyco became part of Johnson Controls.
- Isolated IT solutions for individual parts of the design and production process.
- Complicated management of BOMs in connection with a large number of variants and customer modifications.
- Transmission of information about product discrepancies and production problems back to development.
- Communication between individual development centers.
- Manual rewriting of identical information between several systems – error generation.
- Deviations in BOM structure between production and assembly due to manual transcription and different methodology (numbering of BOM items and their writing).
- Time-consuming and difficult-to-track manual process.
- Different systems to support the R&D process at different locations caused communication difficulties in relation to the development of new products.
Implementation of ENOVIA PLM on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to support the process of introducing new products into production, their modification and deviation control. At present, 80 users are working in the system in 3 development centers (Czech Republic, UK and Germany) and in the production plant in the Czech Republic.
- Replacing several IT systems with one central integrated PLM system, i.e. eliminating ineffective loss of time caused by rewriting identical information.
- Promoting the process of change management and the process of introducing new products into production, reducing the time of these processes by 30%.
- Unified user environment and online access to information for all users in all European locations.
- Controlled process of transferring assembly BOMs to production BOMs with guaranteed unambiguous information for production planning purposes, i.e. eliminating errors in BOMs by 100%.