WORK METHODOLOGIES IN CATIA
A methodology is generally an operating procedure (method). The aim of a CATIA work methodology is to unify working practices and to gradually increase the knowledge of design teams in the implementation of these procedures in practice.
Methodology processes in CAD are worth introducing in your company when:
- Requirements for the quality of CAD models, the volume of data and the precise definition of information necessary for production, including tolerances, are constantly rising.
- You need to deal with a lack of design capacities (eliminate missing design capacities) and the pressure to shorten the time needed to develop a new product.
- Both the quality and the price of products is important to your customers, as well as providing a quick response to required changes.
- You want to use CATIA software up to its maximal potential.
Benefits of introducing a methodology to the company
- Time savings during evolutionary modifications and design changes (depending on scope up to 30%)
- Greater credit with customers when demonstrating the existence of the methodology and design rules
- Increased competitiveness during bidding processes
- Comparison of designers’ knowledge and better substitutability
- Development of design department and the efficient incorporation of new workers
- Existence of a valid methodological manual to which you can refer
- Better quality models, the possibility of their automated control
What is involved in introducing a methodology?
The basis is a very thorough and consistent SWOT analysis in your company, conducted by an experienced specialist in CATIA and design processes. The formation of the methodological procedures that follow is usually the shared work of the customer and the supplier. All procedures proposed by us are consulted during the development of methodological procedures. The last step is to create the final documentation of the methodology, which contains the necessary procedures of how to correctly create, read, share or quickly change a CAD model in CATIA. All designers then undergo a training on methodological procedures and rules.
Do you want to optimize and standardize the work of your designers in CATIA? Ask for the CAD environment analysis and employment of methodological procedures in CATIA.